Postdoctoral researcher 50-100 %
Located in the heart of Switzerland's financial centre, the Department of Banking and Finance (DBF) is one of the leading institutes in Europe with 19 professors and more than 160 employees. In addition to a strong position in the core areas of finance, the Department also strives for academic excellence and social relevance in areas such as Responsibility in Finance or Sustainable Finance.
Within the framework of a cross-national and cross-institutional research project (DACH project; Switzerland-Germany; University of Zurich and Zeppelin University) of Prof. Dr. Carmen Tanner and Prof. Dr. Alexander Wagner, a third party funded position is available.
The position is limited until 31 December 2024.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team (psychology, finance, economics) that works together with the "Center for Responsibility in Finance", among others.
About the project:
The project ("Promoting Honesty in Business: The Role of Contemplation Questions"), funded by the SNSF and DFG, aims to actively promote honesty in business in an interdisciplinary collaboration (psychology, finance, economics) with the help of suitable reflection questions as a decision-making aid and an innovative, game-based tool. In three sub-projects, the aim is a) to identify relevant conflict situations in the business context by means of interviews, b) to examine the relevance of various reflection questions in experimental designs, and finally c) to analyze the effectiveness of the reflection questions in an intervention study, using a game-based digital tool to be developed.
- Active participation in an interdisciplinary and cross-national research project
- Publication activity
- Participation in international conferences
- Assistance with the organization of conferences and workshops
- Collaboration in administrative tasks and teaching (minimal)
- Supervision of students (minimal)
- Completion of a doctorate/Ph.D. degree in economics or psychology with a focus on behavioral/business ethics, behavioral economics, behavioral finance or corporate governance
- Successful international publication record and/or presentations at international conferences
- Experience in project management
- Profound knowledge in the field of empirical-experimental research and statistics (incl. programming skills)
- Interest in a scientific profile in the fields of behavioral/business ethics, behavioral economics, and/or digitalization & ethics
- Open to interdisciplinarity, innovation and practical relevance
- Experience in the area of digital learning tools, gamification (desirable)
- Fluent in German (mandatory), excellent written and spoken English skills
- Independent, reliable and cooperative way of working
What we offer
You can expect a varied activity in an interdisciplinary, internationally networked, collegial team, at an attractive workplace in the heart of Zurich. The employment conditions are in accordance with the cantonal and SNSF guidelines. This position is limited until 31 December 2024.
Place of work
Zurich, Department of Banking and Finance, Plattenstrasse 14 or 32
Start of employment
The position will start on 1 January 2022 or by agreement. Please submit your application by 19 November 2021 (letter of motivation, CV incl. two reference addresses, 1-2 publications/working papers). All genders are encouraged to apply.
Prof. Dr. Carmen Tanner
Prof. Alexander Wagner
University of Zurich, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Carmen Tanner
Prof. Dr. Alexander Wagner